August 10, 2021 Open Community Meeting
1-2:30 AT | 12-1:30 ET | 11-12:30 CT | 10-11:30 MT | 9-10:30 PT
Thank you! Registering helps us plan the number of breakout rooms, but last-minute is always welcome – we live your schedules, too! You should immediately receive the link, and all are welcome.
Agenda for August 10th
- Welcome and acknowledging land and what that means for our process
- Explain the steps to creating new EDC on paper with a bank account, and exiting STLHE as a group
- Discuss with the membership the timelines and seek guidance from members in a meeting poll to see when to leave STLHE:
- December 31, 2021 – fiscal year end; after grants and awards; allows some time for visioning basics Aug – Oct, new corporation documents and account setup, and four months for negotiating
- March 30, 2022 – after conference; longer time for visioning basics, setup and negotiating; new financial year in STLHE; EDC Elections in new setup.
- July 1, 2022 – latest date noted in the poll; longest time for visioning basics, setup and negotiating; new financial year in STLHE, and post EDC-elections.
Note: Earlier than December 2021 not recommended by EDC Executive due to impact on programming and on ability to vision with members. Given the need to build in good ways, a very fast build would rush this visioning. Programming would also be impacted including grants and awards.
4. Call for additional volunteers for Visioning, Logistics and Exiting (see Call below)
5. Collaborative visioning
Please contact EDC Chair, Carolyn Hoessler email@example.com to be included in a working group.