This post is also available in: Français (French)
At the February 18th, 2021 EDC AGM, EDC Treasurer, Jenn Martin, updated the EDC Membership that the EDC 2021 Budget had not been approved by the STLHE Board.
- Jenn also indicated that the EDC 2021 Budget included $15,000.00 for Inclusivity Initiatives, and noted that EDC currently has nearly $75,000.00 in surplus.
- EDC Vice-Chair, Communications, Tommy Mayberry, also celebrated at the EDC AGM that our EDC Memberships are at a record number from 2020, with 307 active EDC Members being our highest number in EDC history.
Following the customary EDC membership feedback process in November 2020, the EDC Budget for 2021 was submitted to the STLHE Treasurer at the beginning of December 2020 to adhere to the usual budget timelines.
- The budget was not approved at the December 2020 nor at the January 2021 STLHE Board meetings.
- STLHE has cited budget concerns related to a COVID-19-related decline in membership and the loss of STLHE conferences as reasons for this delay.
On February 19th, 2021, the STLHE Treasurer requested a detailed breakdown of the proposed Inclusivity Initiatives funds in the EDC 2021 Budget.
- This breakdown will be provided to STLHE by end-of-day on February 23rd, 2021.
- STLHE will hold its February Board Meeting on February 25th, 2021.