This post is also available in: Français (French)
UPDATE: Jan. 25, 2021
Thank you to all those that submitted a form proposal for a Show & Tell video. The deadline for submitting was Jan. 22.
- For those that submitted their forms, the deadline for uploading your video is Feb. 4th.
- All who submitted their forms by/on Jan. 22nd should have received their Dropbox link for uploading their file. If you have not received your link, please contact email@example.com.
- For those that have submitted videos or will be submitting videos prior to Feb. 4th, please review video guidelines (noted below) to ensure your videos meet them.
Thank you again for taking the time to share with us your accomplishments, tools, strategies, and practices that you have found helpful to your work as Educational Developers, especially over the last year.
Form Submissions for the following Call for Proposals are now closed.
Hello fellow Educational Developers! The EDC Executive is inviting proposals for the Show and Tell video presentations (S&T) which will be shared during our 2021 EDC Conference: Celebrating, Connecting, and Caring for Ourselves.
We have many reasons to be proud of our work in our field and of our individual accomplishments this year. These videos are an opportunity to celebrate.
The purpose of the S&T is to showcase concrete usable tools, strategies, and practices helpful to your work as an Educational Developer since the outset of the pandemic.
Step 1: Complete the form below to sign up for an S&T video presentation.
Deadline for submitting your proposal form: January 22nd, 2021.
Step 2: Create and upload a 5-minute video explaining a tool, strategy, or practice and how it might be adapted to suit other contexts or disciplines in educational development. (See “Video Requirements” below.)
Deadline for uploading your video to be considered in peer-review: February 4th, 2021.
Step 3: Peer-reviewed Selection Process
Step 4: Videos will be looped and shared on a virtual stream for attendees to view at any time throughout the conference.
Videos must be 5 minutes in length.
- Minimum: 1280 x 720 pixels
- Recommended: 1920 x 1080 pixels (HD)
- One of the following formats: .mov, .mpg, .avi, or .mp4
- Preferred: .mp4 and .mov
- Preferred: 16:9
- If using a smartphone, rotate it to a horizontal position so it records in the landscape mode (widescreen)
- A few tips for good audio quality:
- Avoid noisy pieces of clothing and try not to touch the microphone whilst recording because it will pick it up
- Avoid hitting the table where the microphone is placed as the noise is usually picked up by your camera/microphone
Selection Process: A small panel will review and select videos. After the deadline for proposal submissions, the panel will review the videos, specifically looking for diversity, video quality, and a variety of tools, strategies, and practices for remote teaching.
Questions: If you have questions regarding the presentations, please contact Cosette Lemelin by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide your contact information and submission details below. After which you will be emailed a personal link where you can upload your video.