This post is also available in: Français (French)
Conference & Institute Bursary Fund
The EDC Conference and Institute Bursary Fund supports students and individuals new to educational development to attend and contribute to the EDC Conference and Institute.
We invite students and individuals new to educational development (up to 3 years of relevant experience) who do not have professional development funds to apply to the EDC bursary fund to receive financial assistance to support Conference and/or Institute attendance.
The amount of each bursary will be up to a maximum of the cost of conference and pre-conference fees. The exact amount of the bursary will depend on the number of successful applications.
How to Apply
Typical Deadline: December for February Conferences. 2-3 months prior to an Institute.
Bursary applications are currently being accepted for participation in the EDC 2020 Conference. The deadline for submission of bursary applications is Monday, December 9th, 2019*.
*Note: Unless the deadline is formally extended by the EDC, bursary applications submitted after the posted deadline will not be accepted for review.
- To be eligible to receive bursary funding, the applicant must confirm that they do not have access to other professional development funds to support their participation in the EDC Conference and/or Institute.
- Applicant is a student and/or new to educational development (up to 3 years of relevant experience)
Priority consideration will be given to those who have not previously received a bursary. The potential impact of the bursary on the applicant’s career and personal development will be assessed via the applicant’s statement. Priority will also be given to those who are presenting work, contributing to facilitation, or serving as a volunteer at the Conference or Institute.
The bursary fund is also intended to promote diverse institutional and regional representation at EDC conferences and institutes. Therefore, priority consideration will also be given to applicants from lesser represented institutions and regions of Canada.
- Download the EDC Bursary Application Form.
- Complete all sections of the form.
- Email your application to Natasha Hannon, EDC Vice-Chair, Awards and Recognition by the stated deadline.
Applications for bursary are reviewed based on the Eligibility and Priority criteria.
Applicants will be informed about the status of their funding by the end of December, 2019 for the February EDC Conference.
Process for Receiving Bursary Funds
Once an applicant has been notified that their bursary application is successful, they are able to access their reimbursement via the following process:
- Register for the EDC Conference or Institute and pay the conference fee at the time of registration.
- Complete an STLHE_ExpenseForm. Enter “EDC Conference Registration” as the item on the expense form along with the registration amount, and attach the e-receipt that you received at the time of registration.
- Email the completed form and attached e-receipt to Natasha Hannon (Vice-Chair, Awards and Recognition)
- The cheque will be mailed to the address you provide on the expenses form.
- Receive confirmation of the bursary.
Questions and Additional Information
Questions may be directed to Natasha Hannon, at email@example.com