This post is also available in: Français (French)
*Note: If you are not receiving emails regarding the ED Institute, please email Lisa Endersby, Institute Coordinator, at email@example.com. We know that a few of these messages may have gone to your spam folders, so be sure to check there and flag Lisa’s email (firstname.lastname@example.org) as safe.
We recognize that our facilitators, and people attending the institute, are living and working on traditional lands, and we acknowledge and pay our respect to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of each place and reaffirm our relationship with one another. For more information about the land you are on, see resources such as www.whose.land and native-land.ca.
Since the EDC Institute is being held online, a singular land acknowledgment cannot act as an act of reconciliation representative of all participants joining us. We wish to start by acknowledging the traditional territories across Turtle Island upon which we work and live as uninvited inhabitants.
We recognize that many Indigenous nations have long-standing relationships with the territories upon which we live and work that precede the establishment of our respective institutions and organizations as well as this nation we now call Canada, and we’d like to acknowledge their presence on the traditional territory of many Indigenous Nations.
We call upon you, our participants, to create your own personalized land acknowledgments by situating yourselves within the context of your land acknowledgments.
Please visit our asynchronous activities for furthering your reconciliation practices.
The Educational Development (ED) 2020 Institute is focused on individuals newer to educational development and engages across four weeks with asynchronous learning (60 minutes) and synchronous session (90 minutes) each week for a total commitment of 10 hours.
ED 2020 Institute Synchronous Sessions:
- Week 1 What is Educational Development?
- Asynchronous starts: Monday, October 19
- Synchronous session: Thursday, October 22, 1-2:30pm EST
- Resources for Week 1
- Week 2 Practical Skills for Educational Development
- Asynchronous starts: Monday, October 26
- Synchronous session: Tuesday, October 27, 1-2:30pm EST
- Resources for Week 2
- Week 3 Expanding Your Professional Network
- Asynchronous starts: Monday, November 2
- Synchronous session: Friday, November 6, 1-2:30pm EST
- Resources for Week 3
- Week 4 Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and Educational Development
- We are postponing the synchronous session of the ED 2020 Institute’s Week 4 “Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and Educational Development” event (that was scheduled for Tuesday, November 10th, 1:00-2:30pm EDT) and will be redirecting you from that synchronous session to join the EDC Community at the to-be-scheduled EDC Special Meeting of the Membership to engage in discussions with us regarding EDI and Educational Development writ large.
- Information regarding upcoming Institute programming and asynchronous opportunities for engagement, please check your email for a message from either Lisa Endersby or Tommy Mayberry. If you haven’t received the email, please contact Lisa at email@example.com.
- Resources for Week 4
Note: We will be providing a recording or summary of the synchronous sessions to be available after the ED 2020 Institute.
Registration NOW CLOSED!
Thank you for your interest in the ED 2020 Institute! We have currently reached our registration capacity.
Registered participants will receive an e-mail confirming their registration status as well as additional information on accessing the synchronous and asynchronous content of the ED 2020 Institute.
The ED 2020 Institute officially launches on Monday, October 19th, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Endersby, EDC Institute Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
In recognition of the tremendous work of our community, the EDC is providing the ED 2020 Institute for free this fall. To all individuals supporting teaching and learning, thank you for all are doing.
Certificate of Participation
- Attend at least 3 of the 4 synchronous sessions
- Complete a short (1-2 page) reflection on how you would discuss what you learned at the Institute for your dossier/portfolio. To be submitted to EDC approximately 2 weeks after the conclusion of the Institute (deadline and process TBD)